Company History

 

2016

RÜBIG is celebrating its 70th company anniversary in September.

2015

In fall, RÜBIG Heat Treatment establishes its new production site, RÜBIG ALU Germany, in Pilsting.

2013

On the 12th July 2013, we celebrate the opening of our newly constructed heat treatment site RÜBIG SK. One week later, the opening of the service site RUBIG US, Inc. takes place in Rockford, IL, in the USA.

2012

On the 30th July 2012, the groundbreaking ceremony is held for the new heat treatment site RÜBIG SK, which makes RÜBIG the first foreign investor to settle in the 30-hectare industrial park in Prievidza.

2011

RÜBIG Die Forge puts a new forging press into operation, resulting in a longer service life and higher productivity.

2008

RÜBIG Heat Treatment extends the site at Griesmühlstrasse 4, creating the most advanced surface engineering center in Austria. MICROPULS® plasma nitriding and hard coating systems complete the range of offered solutions – hardening, nitriding and coating from a single source. A new case hardening line almost doubles the processing capacity.

2006

The company celebrates its 60th anniversary and 800 guests come together to toast the founding families and employees. RÜBIG Aluminium GmbH is established at Griesmühlstrasse 4 in Wels, and one of the most advanced aluminum tempering plants in Austria is put into operation.

2005

RÜBIG Die Forge takes on an additional building, moving administration, sales and shipping to a new home in Mitterhoferstrasse 11. The Novaky site is established in Slovakia, producing raw components for machinery and coordinating all sales activities in the East.

2001

RÜBIG Heat Treatment commissions one of the most advanced job-shop heat treatment operations in Europe. It offers the latest heat treatment technology with the shortest lead times at its site in Marchtrenk. With its VDA 6.1 certification the company extends its range of standardization.

1999

RÜBIG Die Forge relocates to a new site at Mitterhoferstrasse 17 in Wels. The company’s toolmaking department remains in Schulstrasse and is expanded further.

1997

The global success of MICROPULS® plasma nitriding technology requires the expansion of the production facility in Durisolstrasse.

1996

The RÜBIG Group celebrates its 50th anniversary. RÜBIG Industrial Furnaces in Durisolstrasse extend their business premises, and RÜBIG Die Forge is certified to EN ISO 9001.

1994

The company achieves technological leadership thanks to ultra-advanced heat treatment technologies. Close ties with OEMs, tier 1 and tier 2 suppliers in the automotive industry make it necessary to apply for EN ISO 9001 certification.

1993

A change of generations: After nearly 50 years in business, brothers Helmut and Herbert Rübig retire and hand the company Franz Rübig & Söhne GmbH & Co KG over to their sons DI Günter Rübig, Dr. Paul Rübig and Wolfgang Rübig. DI Günter Rübig assumes the management of the company.

1992

Operations start at Durisolstrasse in Wels. RÜBIG Special Purpose Engineering, established in the previous year, produce their first nitriding and purification systems at the new site.

1990

The development of MICROPULS® plasma nitriding technology and HYDROVAC® metal cleaning systems mark RÜBIG’s technological advances in the area of heat treatments. Performance-enhancing thermal treatment systems and processes ensure that the Heat Treatment division keeps on growing.

1986

By establishing RÜBIG GmbH & Co KG, heat treatment shop and materials laboratory, Helmut and his son DI Günter Rübig open up the first job-shop vacuum hardening service in Upper Austria. The site at Schafwiesenstrasse in Wels heat-treats tools and products not just for forges, but also for the Austrian hardware industry.

1979

Helmut Rübig acquires an additional hydropower plant at Schafwiesenstrasse. This marks the basis of another business section – RÜBIG Heat Treatment. The business idea of “job-shop heat treatment” is taking shape.

1978

With the establishment of a sales office in Freilassing, Germany, RÜBIG starts to deal with European markets on a local level. Subsidiaries in France and England follow. A global patent has been granted for the RÜBIG safety linchpin.

1972

The RÜBIG products are now sold worldwide, and a new forge is built at Schulstrasse 21a. The slogan “Security through quality” underlines the high quality of the linchpins and flat link chains.

1967

The company purchases its first hydropower plant – Hofmühle in Wels-Lichtenegg. In line with the motto “A true blacksmith needs his own energy source!”, the company recognizes that a cost-effective power supply makes the production more economical.

1957

The second in-house product, flat link chains, is the reason for a first business expansion. More forging presses and a stamping shop are set up in an additional building. RÜDIG’s forged chains are still in use throughout the world today.

1952

RÜBIG’s first in-house product, the folding or linchpin, marks the cornerstone for the company’s steady growth. “Bending, not breaking” and “Safety first” are two of the company’s mottos. The agricultural and construction industries in particular recognize the benefits of RÜBIG linchpins.

1950

The acquisition of a drop board hammer greatly influenced the company’s history. Drop-forged parts for the sewing machine industry were among the first products.

1946

Founding of RÜBIG as a company, located at Schulstrasse 21a in the Austrian town of Wels. Franz Rübig and his two sons Herbert and Helmut decided to start a metal processing business. Starting point was a bombed house, which was converted by hand into a workshop. The first products included punching and stamping parts for apparatus and medical engineering.