Although gas nitriding is also used for special applications, PLASNIT® plasma nitriding is the preferred process because of main advantages:
- Mechanical covering is possible and thus eliminates time-consuming masking with pastes, which contaminates the furnace
- No ammonia is used, which makes it most environmentally-friendly
- The omission of ammonia also means that there are no open flames inside manufacturing sites, there are no poisonous gases in use, and no costly safety measures have to be taken
With component diameters of up to 3 m, also size of the treated parts is a big issue for manufacturers as well as commercial heat treaters. Nevertheless, also here RUBIG offers taylor-made furnaces, which are able to treat very large components.
- 4 Cost Savings through Plasma Nitriding
- "Zero Emission" plasma nitriding technology
- The first MICROPULS® Everest 300/300 Duo in the history of RUBIG!
- A look inside the plasma nitriding system
- A look inside the gas nitriding system
If you have questions, please contact Thomas Bauer!
©Picture by ZF